For systems purchased before Aug 21, 2020
The current release support page is here
G3 Version Identification:
- Check the version from the CLI with the command "ver" or "Version"
- If the result shows "v0.6.7" then its the original release and this is the correct support page.
- If the result shows "v0.7.1" or greater then the support site is at this link.
- If the unit is programmed already and you cannot access the CLI.
- With power on & the door closed, Press and hold "Open" + "Close" for about 3-4 seconds.
- If you hear the motor click, the controller has the "Special Features" and you should refer to this page.
- If you DO NOT hear a motor click, then you have the previous release 0.6.7 and the correct support page.
This installation covers the mechanical and automation system installation of our Generation 3 automation system. The G3 controller can be used on single motor one-way and bi-part installations. The controller supports wireless accessories with its built in receiver as well as wired components with an optional RS485 "Wired" adapter.
The G3 controller offers advanced configuration options with an optional USB terminal cable and when purchased with a RS485 "Wired" Adapter, the advanced configuration can be accessed using Bluetooth and a supported smart phone or tablet.
The controller is mounted within 6 feet of the controller using the included cable and is UL (E487592) & FCC (Unique ID: DPH 531, DPH 532) approved for residential installation.
The G3 System
Documentation for the previous K02/K12 Release
* This version of the G3 is no longer manufactured. Basic electrical and mechanical installation instructions are provided for the current G3 product and will also work for the older release, however additional features in the current model are not available in the original discontinued version.
* The G3 installation manuals, "Gx Mechanical Installation Instructions.pdf" covers mechanical installation while the "G3 Automation Installation Instructions_(v07x).pdf" covers the electrical installation. There is also a quick programming guide, "G3 Programming.pdf" for installers who are already familiar with the system or when re-programming is desired.
The G3 controller, when paired with the RS485 Wired Adapter, supports all home automation controllers that utilize dry-contact relay closures. Refer to the "G3 Home Automation Wiring.pdf" document below for more information.